Choosing the right estate agent
The sale of a property is a serious, increasingly complex transaction and often the most important financial transaction in our lifetime. It should not be taken lightly and you need to be extremely demanding in terms of the services offered to you by the agent who will manage this fundamental process on your behalf.
Here is a list of questions to ask yourself while making your choice:
- What is the agency's reputation?
- How many agents are actually going to work on my apartment - in other words, is it an independent agency, a franchise or a group of integrated agencies like Junot?
- Are the agencies' staff members true property professionals who are trained, supervised and manage numerous transactions, or are they independent contractors affiliated with the agency?
- What means will the agency use to sell my property? Professional photos, virtual visits, interactive plans, an advertising plan in the national and/or specialist press, written reports, local and international networks, etc.
- Is the agency open six days a week?